We have been preparing for the re-opening of our office to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for our patients and staff. Our office follows infection control recommendations and guidelines made by the CDC and the American Optometric Association (AOA).
The following changes will be in place:
- As per state law, patients will be asked Covid-19 screening questions before office visitation. Also, the law prohibits patients to bring a guest, unless the patient is a minor or needs a caregiver.
- We prefer that patients fill out on-line forms, in order to limit the exposure time for patients.
- Upon entry, patients will be asked to wash their hands, use hand sanitizer, or put on gloves (we do supply gloves at the door).
- Staff will be wearing masks and patients are expected to wear their own mask.
- Sanitizing of the exam rooms and office work areas will take place in between patients.
- Eyeglass frames will be thoroughly sanitized after each patient.
- Waiting room chairs will be spaced for social distancing.
- We will no longer offer magazines, since they are hard to clean and disinfect.
- All optical services (doctor appointments, picking up glasses and contact lenses as well as frame adjustments/repairs) will require an appointment.
- For your safety, we will limit the number of patients in the office at any one time this end, we may ask that you to wait in your car until we can safely accommodate you.
We want to thank you for your understanding during these difficult times. We value your trust and loyalty, and we are here for you, to give you the best care and services possible.